Friday, August 30, 2013

Beauty is Only Skin Deep

Good morning, bloggers!
I plan on posting a couple of times today, I have a ton of content I want to catch up on.
Before the semester started, I was hell bent on either buying a new body kit for my DRZ, or painting the one I have. The flashy yellow, white, and blue just screamed "dirt bike", and since my dizzer had become my daily driver around town, I wanted the bike to not be so "loud". So one Sunday I decided to remove every body panel from the motorcycle to see about changing the color....and I must say that the title of this post explains it perfectly: Beauty is only skin deep. It looked like something you see in a post-apocalyptic world, just thrown together like a rat rod.
My ambitions turned out to be larger than my budget at the time, so I kept the current body kit (Ebay/ Amazon had a few listings but quality was lacking) and I've pretty much accepted the bike as is. I wanted to make it as "super motard" as I could, but the cost of a proper conversion is way more than I want to invest.
**The bike still has the radiator shrouds on in this picture, I failed to get a complete "naked pic" haha.**


No comments:

Post a Comment