Friday, August 30, 2013

Behind the Fallen Iron Curtain: Bulgaria Part II

This post is for The Traveling Gator. She truly appreciates world history and I believe she'd really enjoy Nesebar!

I cannot recall all of the historical information regarding Nesebar, I visited over two years ago and details are fuzzy.  What I can recall is the fact that the Greeks, Romans, Byzantine's, Ottoman's, Bulgarian's, and Russians have all fought for control of this tiny town.  It was the original Constantinople before it moved to modern day Istanbul.  I was in awe at the age of these churches and other sites.  The weather was fantastic and the food was one of the most enjoyable dishes I've ever had (medium rare Duck with Blueberrys and slaw).  Enjoy the pictures! I'm posting a link to Wikipedia for history on Nesebar. 





















No comments:

Post a Comment