Wednesday, August 13, 2014

An Eventful Few Days

This past weekend was a weekend of "musts". With my wife returning to school later this month, and hopefully being hired full time,  I will need an alternative method of transportation when the weather doesn't allow for a motorcycle (which in Florida is 90% of the year).
 
She has a 2004 Mazda RX8 that she used to drive in high school, and we also drove it when we were stationed in Norfolk, Virginia.  It's been sitting in the garage since 2011. It's in excellent condition with incredibly low miles (less than 60K).  I'm hoping to use it as a daily driver.
 
 
I went to Advanced Auto Parts and picked up a new battery and fluids, and with fingers crossed, the car came to life. Pretty rough start, but it'll get better with time.
 
 
 
I'm going to need new tires, complete fluid flush, and brakes, but otherwise it will be ready to go. It's a fabulous little car and I loved driving it around. I hope everything works out.
 
We also ripped up the living room carpet in preparation for new flooring. Not much to report on that other than the tile that's going down will look great. Looks like wood flooring, even has texture that mimics wood grain. 
 
 
Updates to come on this and the car.
 

-James

No comments:

Post a Comment