Monday, September 22, 2014

Plenty of Down Time Lately

It has been a pretty uneventful few weeks since my last post.

The weather has consistently been hot and rainy, but the mornings are starting out cooler (upper 60s) with slightly lower humidity.  It's still a bit too warm for taking the bike out, but it shouldn't be too long before the motorcycle becomes my daily driver once again!

Speaking of motorcycles, I just dropped mine off at the shop on Saturday to get it's first good tune up and inspection.  It's starting to become "motorcycle season" in Florida again, and I want to make sure the bike is good to go for those long weekend trips I plan on taking.  I also requested a quote for getting my rims powder coated.  I think the bike would look good with black rims instead of the factory silver.


Other than taking the bike to the shop, I haven't been doing much else other than putting in hours at the office.  Mid-late Summer tends to become like Groundhog Day for me as I look foward to Fall.

I should be hearing from my mechanic by the end of the week.  I told him to take as long as he needs, I'm not in a rush.  When I pick up the Versys, I'll have to ask him if he's willing to look at my '76 Triumph.  I look forward to taking that bike out on the road in the future.

I hope for a great riding season this Fall.  I can't wait to be on two wheels again!

-James

No comments:

Post a Comment