Thursday, September 4, 2014

The Time Has Come --Inspection Time!

16,271. That's the number of miles on my 2008 Kawasaki Versys 650.  The time has finally come for the valve clearance inspection.  Not only that, I think the bike is due for a good once over.  It's safe to assume the previous owner never gave the bike it's first annual inspection.  Based on the condition of the front tire (bald), and the dead spark plugs when I purchased the bike, it's safe to say the previous owner didn't know what he was doing.  However, since I've owned the bike, it's become quite a wonderful ride.  I can't say that I've been looking forward to this occasion, but with the motor starting to tick and it's mileage building up, the bike needs the investment. 


Just seems that expenses outweigh income.  This is no exception.  The tremendous Florida heat has been a mixed blessing. While I can't take the bike out as often as I'd like, it also allowed the bike to stay in the garage, so I wouldn't have to spend the money earlier (which I didn't have).  In the next couple of weeks, I'll make sure the bike gets the attention it requires.  Hoping the weather begins to cool down soon, so that everything will fall into place, and the bike will be ready to ride as Fall hits the area. 

-James

No comments:

Post a Comment