Thursday, November 13, 2014

Trapped Inside

With motorcycle riding season hitting its peak here in Florida, I was hoping to use the opportunity to cruise and document my trips. 

Yeah, that's not going to happen.

Last week, someone decided to leave yard tools propped up inside the garage door tracks.  They weren't in the way of the clearance sensor so the door began to close normally.  Once it got about halfway down, it hit the tools and damaged the garage door.  So now, my motorcycle is stuck inside a garage with a broken door.  Needless to say this was an unforeseen and completely unnecessary event.  Common sense would tell you to not leave something in the path of a moving object, especially one as frequently used as a garage door. 

With a new roof currently going on the house and two walls being gutted and repaired for water damage, replacing a garage door system isn't a priority, and the resources have already been allocated for the other repair projects.  I'm not upset that the door can't be replaced/repaired soon, I'm upset because the incident happened.

So now, the cars will be stuck outside and the motorcycle will be stuck inside.  This angers me because we're all disrupted by it. 

In the meantime, I'll attempt to post about different topics in an attempt to kill some time. 

-James

No comments:

Post a Comment