Thursday, October 17, 2013

Fall Photoshoot

I've said it countless times so far this year, but Fall is my favorite time of year.  It is my favorite time to ride, and it is my favorite time to photograph.  I'm an amateur photographer at best, but the best thing about Fall is that the weather is so beautiful, nature cooperates with the camera almost by default.


Living in Florida, we don't have the wide variety of beautiful trees that explode colorful leaves every Fall, but we do have the Sycamore.  Sycamore's are the quintessential "Fall tree" for the Sunshine State.  When their leaves fall, I just want to stop what I'm doing and just take it all in.



The neighborhood I live in is a golf course community.  When the economy tanked, the course owner cut his losses and left.  The course has not been operational for many years, and it wasn't until the past year that landscapers started a monthly bush-hogging of the fairways.  No idea when the course will re-open, but in the meantime, the overgrowth allows for great photo opportunities.




Turkey Creek is also a beautiful natural water feature that courses through the neighborhood.  The way the light hits the water in late afternoon makes it difficult to pass up taking some pictures.  I wanted to drive down into the creek bed for some great shots, but I did not want the attention that came with an entire family that lives next to the creek.  They all happened to be outside and wouldn't stop starting at me.  People in this neighborhood have become very rude and nosy.  The last thing I want is for someone to call the Golf Cart Police (Homeowner's Association), even though I wouldn't be doing anything wrong.  Just isn't worth it.






Perhaps I'll get window that gives me a chance to spend more time in the creek bed.  Only time will tell.

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment