Thursday, October 3, 2013

Out On The Road

I decided to go for a little drive-

The weather was perfect and I really needed to get my mind off of college. I ended up putting about 100 miles on the bike, and during that trek I broke the 8,000 mile mark. I traveled through the local counties and visited the various rivers, creeks, and parks that surround the area.  Traffic was minimal, and I was able to pull off the road and take almost any pictures I wanted.  One of the prettiest places I discovered was a farm on West County Road 18 headings towards Ft. White.  A massive green field with a white and red two-story house, and a large barn.  I pulled off the road, took a picture, and circled back to take another.  The owners were probably thinking I was crazy, but I loved the view.  I spent some time in Ft. White, Worthington Springs, Booker, and High Springs.  I stopped at the Santa Fe River boat launch just outside of High Springs and tried to get some good shots, but there was too much activity.  I also visited my old, old stomping grounds, my middle school, to see what has changed.  It is nice to see the Corsair is still out front, at least the Democrats haven't had it removed yet.

While in High Springs, I found an old service road that shadowed an abandoned train track.  Nature had overgrown the tracks to the point that they couldn't be seen, and the grass was as high as my handlebars!  I could only imagine how frequent those tracks were used at the height of the railroad industry.  The service road was a great "off the beaten path" ride.  I've checked out the Northern areas enough, so the next time I hit the road, I want to head in a different direction.  Maybe towards Newberry/Bronson.  We shall see.

-J


















No comments:

Post a Comment