Sunday, November 24, 2013

Versys Progress

Today was a good day.

My dad and I were able to mount the rear tire and adjust the chain length.  We were also able to remove the luggage rack from the rear.  I didn't have the bars that attach to the rear of the bike, but when I get the bike back home, I'll probably put them on.  But I think it is a good looking bike, especially without that big rack on the back.


The new clutch cable finally came in.  Paid for two day shipping, received it in 3 days...USPS. Government efficiency at its finest. Discovered why Kawasaki had troubles with clutch cables on the 2008 model.  It's because the cable placement was designed poorly.  Kawasaki had the cable bending at a 90 degree angle to fit into the brackets, this pinches the cable and causes it to break over time.  My dad re-routed the cable and eliminated that 90 degree angle.  What a night and day difference! 



I have the front tire in the back of the car and I'm going to take it to the Harley dealership to get it mounted on to the rim hopefully tomorrow or Tuesday.  Once that's done, and the tire is back on the bike, the Versys will be up to 100%.  I really cannot wait until I can really get a good feel for this bike.  Hopefully it will be good to go before Thanksgiving so I can ride it out to the family gathering.  

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment