Tuesday, November 19, 2013

BIG Changes Are Coming!

Hello readers! 

I do apologize for the lack of posting, the weather has been rainy for weeks & I haven't had time to do anything. I hope this weather isn't a preview of the upcoming winter!

As the title of this post states, big changes are indeed coming! The past 12 hours have been very exciting for me. 

For the past year, I've been researching how to convert a DRZ400S into a DRZ400SM. While it is possible, it can become very expensive. Because of that, I pretty much canned the idea. I don't go off road anymore, my DRZ is a daily driver in the city, and I love to cruise on the weekends. My bike is in such great condition that I couldn't fathom the thought of selling or trading it for an actual SM....they're the same bike anyway. 

So last night, my dad called me up and put me in contact with a guy a few hours away who wants to trade stock DRZ400S tires (18" rear & 21" front) for 17" SM Excel tires. He wants to surprise his son. No cash involved, a straight up trade! 

THIS. IS. A. GOLD. MINE. 

Tires & rims are what make this conversion so expensive. Also, Excel rims aren't stock, they are blacked out after market custom rims...beautiful. I really hope this exchange works out, we're both interested and it saves me HUNDREDS of dollars! 

Adjust the front forks, the suspension, cable lengths, & a few other minor things.  I am getting a custom seat that is wider and fits on the stock frame so I can further enjoy the ride. 

I've also wanted to change out body plastics to go all black, but that requires painting the tank...I know I'm getting WAY ahead of myself and investing all of my hopes and dreams on a "what if", but I'm so pumped!! I really hope I can get the SM tires, that will set everything else in motion. I can't focus on anything else. 


That's what it will look like (more or less) when the tires go on. 

The weather finally cleared up for today (it's supposed to rain again tomorrow), so I was able to take the bike to class. 


Have a good day!

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment