Thursday, July 10, 2014

Much Has Changed

Hello, everyone.

It's been about 8 months since my last blog post.

I stopped writing my blog because honestly, I was running out of stuff to write about.  I began this blog primarily as a way to share my Navy tavel experiences and my daily motorcycle riding adventures.  While I still have Navy stories to tell, I don't have as much time ride the motorcycle as I would like. I enjoy blogging, so therefore I will have to increase my variety of topics.

In January, I was hired full-time at my local Veterans Affairs hospital.  It could not have come at a better time.  While I can no longer wear the uniform to protect my country, I can do my best to take care of my brothers and sisters who have fought and lost limbs and lost hope.  I love my job.  While my direct interaction with patients is limited, my position in Human Resources allows me take care of VA employees, many who are veterans themselves.  It's a brotherhood that I have longed for since I got out of the Navy.  I feel at home, and I'm very happy.

My Kawasaki Versys is running very well.  This Florida summer has been incredibly hot and wet, so the motorcycle has been relegated to late evening trips around the neighborhood.  I don't mind breaking a sweat on the way home from work, but it sucks coming in to work dripping with sweat.  Not to mention risking getting caught in afternoon thunderstorms.  I think I'll pass. 

I plan on posting more frequently.  As far as content goes, it will be varied.  A few of my posts may be out of order to cover a few things that have happened the past 8 months.

Thanks for hanging in there, readers.  I hope to keep you entertained.

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment