Friday, July 18, 2014

Cedar Key For My Birthday

For my birthday in April, my wife surprised me by suggesting we take the bike over to Cedar Key for a birthday lunch and a nice ride.  It was the first time the Versys had ever been to the coast, and also the first time my wife has ridden with me for a long period of time.  We had a great time! (though we both agree that the Versys is NOT a bike that's comfortably built for two, haha!)  It was a little warm outside, but we survived.  The last time I went to Cedar Key, I took my DRZ-400, which you can read about here.



We had lunch at the Pickled Pelican Restaurant, as I wanted my wife to try one of my favorite spots.  We stayed until the early afternoon and then headed back to Gainesville.  It was a really nice day, and we definitely enjoyed ourselves.

My next trip to Cedar Key, I hope to take my dad's Triumph, and I would like to spread some of his ashes, as I have fond memories of family trips there.  We loved Cedar Key, and I know he wouldn't mind being spread there.  I think of you always, dad. I love you.

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment