Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Custom Versys?

Over the past few months, I have been playing around with my Versys' bodywork.  I had removed the windscreen in an attempt to clean up the lines.  I really liked it, but the red cowlings stopped where the windscreen sits, and it was obvious that something was missing from the bike.  I debated going to a fabrication shop to get a piece made that will fill that gap, but nothing really came of it.  I'm still undecided.


Along with the windscreen, I also considered smaller mirrors, I'm still looking for a nice pair, but most of them have really distasteful designs, or are too small to be useful.  I'm still in the market for a rear fender eliminator.  I know which one I need, but it's not a priority purchase right now.  It's a luxury that one day I will indulge myself in. 


The Versys also has mounts for a rear storage box.  Normally, there are small handles that mount to the bike whenever you don't have the box installed.  My dad tried to convince me last year that the rear looks better without the box or handles.  I didn't agree, but I decided to give it a try, and he was right afterall. Dad is always right! haha.


For now, I'll keep the windscreen on the bike.  I didn't notice a difference a difference in milage, but it does help to have the windscreen during the summer months as bugs are ridiculous. Removing the windscreen certainly gives the Versys a more sporty look, and I fee that it also makes the bike seem more "aggressive".  What do you think? 

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment