Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Versys, Or A Cylon?

I've had people comment and question the stickers I have on my Kawasaki Versys.  People have caught me in the parking lot and asked what these stickers mean, or if it's a new logo that Kawasaki is putting on their bikes.


I personally believe that vehicles can have personality.  I'm not necessarily referring to "ghosts in the machine", or anything like Isaac Asimov wrote in his books, but it is possible, and it makes riding more fun to me.  Especially if you can occasionally talk to your bike, when it does something good or bad.  If you love and take care of your bike, it will take care of you.  It's a basic philosophy that I live by.

If any of you recall, when I first bought my Versys, I was calling her Vanessa.  She's a firey redhead, and I just thought it was fitting.  However, my wife got me watching a totally awesome TV show that used to be on ScyFy Channel a few years ago called Battlestar Galactica.  It's a remake of the original from the 70's, but if you haven't even heard of BSG, I pity you and your children (haha).  But that show got me thinking...the ignition sequence on my Versys sounds very robotic (my wife says it sounds like a printer, but I digress). It's red, fast, and looks beautiful.  So I decided to rename my bike after Tricia Helfer's character, Caprica-6.  She wore a red dress, and was the 6th Cylon-Human model.  But I just refer to my bike as Caprica.  I really love it and think it's fitting.

 
So I searched online and found Battlestar Galactica vehicle stickers for my bike and my wife's GMC Terrain.  The cowlings have Cylon Raider fighters on either side, and I have Starbuck's (Katee Sackhoff) symbol (which basically became the symbol for the entire show in the later seasons), on the front fender.

 

 I've decided that the Triumph Tiger will be named Galactica.  Why?  Because just like the warship Galactica, she's old, simple, antequated, but still a classic fighter, and has beauty in her simplistic design.  But don't expect to see any stickers on her.  That bike will remain original.

So what do you drive?

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment