Saturday, September 14, 2013

An Afternoon Cruise

After my classes last Thursday, I decided to take the long way home and hit some back roads and open fields.  I wanted more content for the blog, but I also wanted to take a break from my normal routine and tear up some ground.  Since I do drive a Dual Sport, I am required by Man-Law to go off-road to make me and my motorcycle happy by tearing up some back country.  The weather called for 60% chance of severe thunderstorms in the afternoon (typical Florida), so I wore my heavy weather gear.  What happened instead, was clear blue skies with a high of 94 degrees and no rain whatsoever. The humidity was high, and it did rain later that night, but certainly not when The Weather Channel predicted.  A heavy leather jacket, rain proof steel-toed boots, and Wrangler jeans caused me to sweat horribly, but I was able to enjoy myself, despite the hot, heavy gear.  It was a beautiful day, perfect for taking the pictures I wanted, and the traffic also cooperated.  Along the way I decided to visit my parents and revisit the nearby fields and dirt roads I used to ride when I was kid.  I had a really great time, and I will definitely be doing this again soon!

-J










No comments:

Post a Comment